12 Goals for the association
- Promote the development and adoption of innovative technologies in the wood industry.
- Foster collaboration and networking between developers and their customers to facilitate knowledge sharing and best practices.
- Advocate for policies that support the growth of the forest software and hardware industry, including funding for research and development.
- Develop and maintain standards for innovations to ensure quality, interoperability, and data security.
- Educate forest industry professionals on the benefits and uses of forest software and hardware technologies.
- Provide a platform for forest software and hardware developers and their customers to exchange feedback and ideas for product improvement.
- Support the development of sustainable forest management practices through the use of advanced technologies.
- Promote transparency and accountability in the forest industry through the use of data-driven decision making and monitoring tools.
- Foster diversity and inclusion within the forest software and hardware industry, including promoting the participation of underrepresented groups.
- Advocate for the ethical use of forest data, including data privacy and protection.
- Encourage the development of open-source forest software and hardware technologies to promote collaboration and innovation.
- Provide a voice for forest software and hardware developers and their customers in policy discussions and decision-making processes that affect the forest industry.
Read more: https://linkiwood.com/goals/